I just have one thing to say: Fear the Juggle! (I mean… Turtle). #GOTERPS
- The Congress of Jugglers is BACK! We are so happy to have this three-day juggling festival at the University of Maryland’s Ritchie Coliseum back in our lives. Visit UMD Friday 5 pm to Midnight, Saturday 11 am to Midnight, and Sunday 11 a.m. to 4 pm. There will be workshops for all skill levels, juggling games, a juggling raffle and a big show at 8 p.m. Saturday, plus fire juggling outside the gym on Friday and Saturday. Visit this link for more information and to RSVP.
- The International Jugglers Association is returning to an in-person festival this year in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Register at this link for a week of extraordinarily fun juggling performances, workshops, games and competitions. If you have financial need, apply for a scholarship to cover your full/partial expenses at this link. Covid protocol information is viewable here.
***Be sure to check out each venue’s Covid safety regulations prior to attending in-person events.
- The inventive and out-of-this-world puppetry and physical comedy of Alex & Olmsted will be on full display at Baltimore Theatre Project in Marooned! A Space Comedy. Performances are Friday (8 pm), Saturday (3 pm & 8 pm) and Sunday (3 pm). Get tickets at this link.
July 29 – September 25
- The extremely popular Cirque du Soleil show Kurios is returning to Tysons this summer for a long run of shows. Enjoy this imaginative exploration of outlandish inventions and mechanical feats under the big top. Tickets are now available at this link.
- Alexandria, aka thepolecomplex on Instagram, is doing regular vlogs about the pole community, answering questions like ‘Do I have to wear heels?’ and ‘What’s the best way to train for pole dance?’ Follow her at this link for entertaining, impressive and informative content about this magnificent art form.
- Ukraine is home to so many incredible circus artists, whose country and livelihoods are currently in jeopardy. To help those affected by the invasion, donate to the International Committee of the Red Cross, which aims to provide millions of people access to clean water and other humanitarian assistance.
May 11 & 13
- The UMD Juggling Club will meet on Mckeldin Mall (or in the Art/Sociology building if it’s raining) from 4-6 p.m. on Wednesday. All are welcome to attend. Join the club’s Facebook group for updates and follow them on Instagram for fun content.
- The Fairfax Jugglers will meet on Thursdays from 7:30-10 p.m. in the Key Middle School cafeteria. Visitors must wear masks and sign a liability waiver.