Go see a wonderful outdoor show tonight, or enjoy an online production from home! And if you’re itching to hang with some fellow jugglers or one-wheelers in the near-future, we’ve got you covered.
- UpSpring Studio presents Summertime, an outdoor celebration of beach vibes set to an upbeat summer soundtrack at Joe’s Movement Emporium. Featuring new aerial choreography from local artists. Masks are required, and guests will be socially distant during the show. Get tickets at this link. (You may have to call the box office for availability — 301-699-1819)
- Circus Smirkus presents a live-streamed show created and performed by their 2021 Big Top Troupe. Watch Flare, A Campfire Story at 7 p.m. EDT. Get tickets at this link.
- Cirque Us will perform RagTag: Between the Seams at 7 p.m. EDT. This show features snippets of the 2019/2020 versions of the production, while giving viewers a sneak peak of its newest acts. Get tickets at this link, and donate to the fundraisier for their fall festival tour here.
- The National Capital Puppetry Festival is in full swing, with a multitude of workshops and performances continuing today and tomorrow. Check out the full schedule at the festival website.
- The DC Unicycle Meetup Group is hosting a Playground Skill and Chill at the Lafayette-Pointer Recreation Center in Northwest DC from 6-8 p.m. All skill levels are welcome at this casual gathering to share skills and practice unicycling on blacktop, asphalt-paved trails and stairs. Get more information and RSVP at this link.
- The Fairfax Jugglers will meet on Thursday from 7:30-10 p.m. at the Key Intermediate School Cafeteria (6402 Franconia Rd., Springfield, VA). All are welcome to join this fun and casual juggling meet-up, happening every Thursday that Fairfax County Schools are hosting evening activities. They will likely start the evening outdoors in nice weather, then migrate indoors to the school gym. Check out this map for specific location information.
- The Baltimore Jugglers are scheduled to meet up from 6:30-9 p.m. at the Locus Point Recreation Center. Assuming good weather, the gathering will begin outside and then head indoors when it gets dark. Join the Baltimore Jugglers page on Facebook for the most up-to-date information about future meetings.
September 13 – November 29
- The Center for Movement Theatre will host Dody DiSanto’s Comprehensive 1 Program, with classes happening on Mondays from 7-10 p.m. This class covers neutral mask work and creation, helping to broaden your sense of play, heighten spatial awareness, and help your body respond without the control of the mind. Register for the class at this link.
- Local aerialist Kate Gero could still use your support to help her get back on her feet (and back in the air) after suffering a serious injury. Donate at this link.