Check out The District Ringer for today’s profile of Pole Pressure DC’s journey through closure, virtual classes and reopening, as told by owner Devon Williams, who talks about how her business has adapted and reorganized in trying times. Thanks again to our Patreon supporters for allowing us to create this community content!
- The Internet Streaming Early Evening Show is now selling a limited number of in-person tickets for their popular variety/music/talk show. If you don’t happen to live in Maine, fear not! You can still watch this quarantine favorite online by purchasing a virtual ticket at this link. The show runs from 7-8:30 p.m. and is fun for the whole family.
- The Bindlestiff Open Stage Variety Show: Quarantine Edition is back! Behold the marvelous talents of a worldly cast of performers, presented weekly for your entertainment (and generous tips). Note that the show now starts at 8 p.m. EDT (not 7:30 p.m.). Watch on Facebook or YouTube. You can donate during the show at the links provided, or support their fantastic feats of circus anytime via the donation page on their website.
- Move It: Episode 9 — Aerialists, Part 2 features a spectacular array of aerial acts from the United States, performing with exquisite strength and skill in theaters and backyards.Watch the full video on Parallel Exit’s Vimeo page here.
- Visit this link to register for Circus Presenters and Producers on Planning for the Future, hosted by the Circus Arts Hub, happening on Zoom at 8 a.m. EDT. See the full line-up of events in the ‘Circus and Changing Realities’ series here.
- Pacific Fire Gathering is producing online events throughout the month of September. Stay tuned to their Facebook page for updates on how to get involved in the virtual format of one of the longest-running flow/fire events in the country.
- Got gymnastics or circus equipment you’re no longer using? Pop-Up Movement, a business devoted to education in circus and movement arts in Seattle, is seeking free or low-cost equipment for their studio space, set to open this fall. Visit their website to contact owners Shawn and Sadie, or support the growth of their business on Patreon. Also, be sure to check out their online movement coaching and free Facebook tutorial content.