How long has it been since we gave you an update? Somehow, the last week felt more like a ‘baker’s dozen.’ Nonsensical metaphors aside, we’re pleased to brighten the coming days with circus charm.
- The District Ringer got a little lost in the election fervor. But don’t fret, we’re back in business. TRICKS OF THE LIGHT: PART ONE is now online. This edition profiles the wise words and beautiful images of Dani Pierce and Shamal Halmat, two circus photographers whose work appears on our website.
- The Bindlestiff Open Stage Variety Show: Quarantine Edition starts at 8 p.m. EST. Watch on Facebook or YouTube. You can donate during the show at the links provided, or support their fantastic feats of circus anytime via the donation page on their website.
- See some of Maine’s best performers in the Matt Tardy Benefit Show, a fundraiser for juggler and variety artist Matthew Tardy, who is battling Stage 4 thyroid cancer. The line-up includes Michael Menes, Fritz Grobe, Jason Tardy, Michael Miclon, George Saterial and Showtime Steve, sure to delight audiences of all ages. The show will be livestreamed from Johnson Hall at 7 p.m. Visit this link for tickets.
- Falling & Loving, a playful and acrobatic production by avant-garde masters Anne Bogart (director) and Elizabeth Streb (choreographer), is available to stream on All Arts TV at this link. Witness a radical collision of artists, projectiles, ideas and a merciless ‘Guck Machine’ in this surreal and fun show.
TODAY & TOMORROW (11/7-8)
- The So Cal Flow Fest invites flow artists, jugglers, and circus people to check out their weekend of online workshops and performances. This year’s theme is Visualize, and there are two ways to take advantage of this great event. Earlier workshops (1 p.m.-6:30 p.m. EST) are available for a $20 entry fee, which covers both days. Workshops and performances from 7-10 p.m. EST are FREE for all participants. Register at this link.
- Take joy in holiday gift-giving that supports circus artists this winter! Check out this holiday gift guide written by Jessica John to discover circus playing cards, expert juggling manuals, acrobatic plant sculptures and more! While you’re at it, explore Jessica’s delightful array of online aerial classes and personalized coaching on her Patreon page.