D.C. United – Washington, DC
Date Posted: 20 December 2020
The Mascot Performer is a part-time role and serves as an official mascot for D.C. United.
- Perform as Talon at several designated appearances including but not limited to soccer games, hospital visits, school visits, charitable events, sponsored events and more as directed by the Experiential Marketing & Events Coordinator.
- Represent D.C. United and Talon in a professional manner at all times by creating goodwill and community around Talon and the D.C. United brand.
- Provide a high-level of energy to each appearance no matter the size or duty at the event.
- Contribute to the creativity of developing Talon as character for different events.
- Experience performing as a mascot or other similar performing arts concepts.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- General knowledge of MLS Soccer and D.C. United preferred.
- Ability to interact with and entertain a crowd of all ages.
- Willingness to be trained, coached, and critiqued to perform “in character”.
- Must be physically able to perform under extreme temperature conditions.
- Ability to work flexible hours in a part-time role on weekdays, weeknights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to maintain and react to a flexible schedule
- Must have reliable transportation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.