SENZ Yoga, Barre, and Cycle-Rockville, MD 20850
Required Experience: 2-3 years in a supervisory role
Required Education: Certified yoga, barre, cycling or fitness instructor is preferred, but not mandatory
Date Posted: October 17, 2019
Senz ® is a multi-sensory yoga, barre, and cycling studio that blends movement, music, and an eco-interactive environment into an eclectic mix of yoga and fusion-based fitness classes. We believe that this immersive brand of fitness allows for a more deeply rooted experience that is rejuvenating, uplifting, and transformative.
We aspire to inspire, motivate, and support each other. Our team is the heartbeat of our studio. We are deeply passionate about our mission, our members, and cultivating a sense of community.
We are looking for a Studio Manager who is enthusiastic and passionate about yoga, fitness, and helping people. The Studio Manager will serve as a principle leader and contribute to company growth and the overall operation of Senz ®. The ideal candidate will be personable, efficient, and a high performer in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
· Responsible for overseeing the upkeep, appearance, and functionality of the studio.
· Able to be a studio ambassador and maintain a high level of customer service through regular customer engagement.
· Motivates, guides, and leads the team to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
· Additional operational responsibilities include product procurement, inventory control, and studio manual updates.
· Assists the owner in hiring, training, supervising, coaching, and conducting performance reviews.
· Manages staff schedule, assists with class development and audits classes for quality assurance.
- Point of contact for all teachers and responds in a timely manner to provide support.
- Responsible for helping to build the teacher team and teacher/student community.
- Assists the owner in executing teacher meetings, trainings, communications, and events.
· Efficient use of Zingfit software for overall studio management.
· Manages members contracts, sales, billing issues, and customer profiles.
· Checks students into classes and workshops through Zingfit.
- Ensures students find appropriate classes attuned to their goals, preferences, and fitness level.
- Welcome all visitors according to our Customer Service standards; supervise staff and answer telephone promptly and courteously.
- Provides excellent customer service and resolve member feedback or concerns in a professional and timely fashion
- Manages and maintains all social media accounts – Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of our products, services, and programs.
- Responsible for generating leads, referral follow-up and meeting individual monthly sales goals. Sales includes class packs/memberships, retail, and ancillary products and services.
- Effectively markets and sell our products via telephone, community events, in studio tours, etc.
- Establish external relationships/partnerships within the community.
- Work with owner to develop effective marketing campaigns.
- Project management, team player, motivator, and cheerleader for staff and customers.
- Multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time and schedule.
- Maintains strong written and verbal skills
- Self-starter and makes decision thoughtfully and efficiently
- Proactive and excellent conflict resolution skills
- Highly energetic, positive and enthusiastic leader with strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead the team to meet goals.
- Maintains good work ethic and is dependable, accountable, and responsible.
- Must be customer focused and deliver company’s high level of customer service at all times in a professional, courteous, sensitive and friendly manner.
- Comfortable with computers and effective at learning and using the necessary software products
- 2-3 years in a supervisory role
- Social media experience is a plus
- Experience working in retail and/or yoga/gym industry
- Certified yoga, barre, cycling or fitness instructor is preferred, but not mandatory
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture