Life Outside the Box LLC – Washington, DC
Compensation: $31,200 – $52,000 a year
Required Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Required Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Date Posted: November 15, 2019
We are looking to hire an individual who is committed to our purpose of uniting and inspiring others. Our mission is to go beyond thinking outside of the box and to live outside of the box. If you believe you possess these important traits, please consider a career with Life Outside the Box LLC.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Life Outside the Box LLC is looking for service minded individuals, who are committed to working together to help us create amazing memories for our customers, each other and all visitors to our events.
Life Outside the Box LLC is seeking individuals interested in Mascot performing. Mascots are responsible for entertaining customers, performing choreographed routines and skits, appearing in video features, taking photos with customers and simply entertaining LotB (Life Outside The Box) fans whenever possible.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Assist the Owner of Life Outside the Box LLC, Mascot Coordinator and Mascot Assistant with the execution of all entertainment:
- Perform as LotB for appearances
- Greet and interact with customers and general public, displaying high-energy while keeping the character and persona of the mascot
- Perform entertainment activities, contests, promotions, skits, routines and special appearances
- Attend rehearsals and performance training sessions as assigned
- Lift at least 50 lbs.
- Work minimum of 15 dates (including weekends, holidays, and events as assigned)
- Represent Life Outside The Box LLC at community and corporate appearances as assigned
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Owner of Life Outside the Box LLC, Mascot Coordinator and Mascot Assistant
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to obtain and perform rehearsed/choreographed routines
- Previous experience in a mascot role
- Must be able to effectively communicate using only body gestures
- Must be able to work in a costume and develop the character and persona of the mascot
- Must have a creative, ambitious, energetic personality with the ability to motivate others
- Must have a flexible schedule and ability to work extended days and hours
- Must work minimum of 15 events
- Must be available for weekend events
- Must have own transportation or be metro accessible
- Express an outgoing, athletic, high-energy, cheerful demeanor in all situations
- Ability to follow directions and adjust on the fly
- Cardio/respiratory endurance between 400-800 meters (walking skills will be tested)
- Reads, speaks, comprehends and communicates English effectively in all communications.
- Represents Life Outside The Box LLC. in a positive fashion to all business partners and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationship with staff members.
- Ability to act according to the organizational values and service excellence at all times.
- Ability to work with multicultural populations and have a commitment to fairness and equality.
- Ability to walk or stand for an entire shift.
- Ability to work extended days and hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to move throughout all areas and levels of a building.
- Ability to work in a diverse and changing environment.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes up to 50 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $31,200.00 to $52,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- D.C., DC (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Hours per week:
- 4 – 6 months