Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts – Vienna, Virginia
Approximate Salary: Not Specified – Full Time
Date Posted: September 30, 2019
Wolf Trap Foundation presents leading artists in Rock, Pop, Indie, Jazz, Broadway and Classical at the 7,028 capacity amphitheatre The Filene Center, located in America’s only National Park for the Performing Arts, as well as Rock, Pop, Indie, Jazz, Folk, World, Cabaret, and Comedy at the 382 capacity theatre The Barns at Wolf Trap located next to our Center for Education. We seek a Production Coordinator to support the production team with all aspects of day-to-day concert production in order to ensure successful performances, across all Wolf Trap Foundation assigned spaces.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate production for the Filene Center, Children’s Theater-in-the Woods, The Barns and Center for Education in collaboration with the production team.
- Assist in the management of day-to-day backstage operations.
- Manage production database and performance archives.
- Create and distribute daily production schedules in consultation with Production Managers.
- Create and maintain master production department schedule.
- Provide a wide range of administrative, organization, and logistical services to ensure the efficient operation of the production team.
- Provide Day-of-show assistance on assigned performances.
- Participate in department meetings and contributes to the dissemination of information and follow through of tasks as they relate to Wolf Trap Foundation assigned spaces.
- Arrange backline orders and deliveries, piano tunings, equipment repairs, video crew calls, and additional tasks in collaboration with Production Managers.
- Administer new-hire paperwork for all union employees.
- Gather artist technical riders, stage plots and necessary information for production meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree and 2-4 years professional experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in production and administration within a performing arts organization
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of concert production and logistical requirements for live events, demonstrated interest in the concert industry
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining quality and accuracy
- Ability to follow directions, take initiative and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Creative problem solving and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, especially over the summer season
- Must pass a background check
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.