Washington Improv Theater – Washington DC
Approximate Salary: $45,000 Per Year – Full Time
Required Experience: Less than 2 years
Required Education: Some College Coursework
Date Posted: September 30, 2019
Reporting to Washington Improv Theater’s education director, this position will administer and foster the growth of our educational programs, providing an excellent experience for students, instructors, audiences, and artists.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Assist the Education Director in planning and management of the classes program
- Plan and manage Improv for All workshops program
- Help administer class and workshop enrollment
- Serve as the primary point of contact for students and manage communication for the classes program
Help plan, budget, coordinate, staff, and implement WIT’s education programs: a year-round classes program for adults (currently approx. 3,200 registrations per year), the WIT workshop program, and WIT’s community outreach program Improv for All which includes free intro workshops in all 8 Wards of the city as well as ad hoc workshops in schools and for other partner organizations.
- Assist in scheduling instructors, setup of necessary class roster files, and management of internal files related to classes.
- Assist students in class registration, transfer, and cancellation using our classes registration platform
- Assist in classes planning based on retention models. Engage with students and teachers to ensure classes are scheduled that meet demand outside of normal retention rates.
- Serve as primary contact for all students and key venue contacts.
- Work with Operation Manager to track and administer class discount “rewards” for WIT’s volunteers.
- Manage the creation and promotion of Facebook events for the classes program
- Direct marketing of classes to current students based on tracking cohort progress through program
Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with WIT staff and Board on strategy for WIT’s performance and organizational training programs.
- Collaborate in creating content for print or electronic collateral materials (e.g. postcards, brochures, emails).
- Assist with WIT’s fundraising activities as requested.
- Assist with other WIT programs and events.
The majority of the work will happen in Google Sheets, email, and Google Calendar.
- Comfortable tracking, entering, and managing data on spreadsheets on a daily basis.
- Careful attention to detail. Must communicate accurate information to a large number of students, teachers, and partners.
- Comfortable organizing complex sets of tasks along flexible timelines.
- Familiarity with a customer-centered approach to communication and planning.
- Skills in Adobe Creative Cloud, WordPress, or advanced spreadsheet functions a plus.
Position is full-time. Benefits include health insurance and employer-matched retirement savings.
No phone calls, please.